Monday 14 January 2013

Since May

I've decided to blog about my experiences living in Hong Kong, since May 2012. I actually arrived on April 29th, or there about, but let's not be pedantic...pretty much May.
In all honesty, I can't say I all together liked living in Hong Kong for a long time...even now, to this day there are things I do really dislike. But I am forming a strange new bond with the place, and now I'm starting to feel even love for the city on some days and in some places, I want to share this experience.
Until recently, I didn't have a great deal of time to write or at least I didn't feel like it after a day of teaching English. Within a week of arriving I was working five days a week at an education centre in an area called Whampoa, Hung Hom district. Although my days were fairly short, teaching is quite a tiring and draining job. So, all my diary writing I had maintained almost daily for four months in Australia was forgotten, put on the back burner, maybe tomorrow.
I quit my job, or at least gave notice in order to leave on December 6th. I went home for just short of two weeks and returned in time for Xmas, or more importantly because that's when the flight was cheapest...although missing my plane did add some drastic costs onto my bargain journey but that's a story for another time.
What I'm getting at, is now I'm more or less free to spend my days more or less as I wish. Writing can be achieved again and this time I've decided to share it. Although I can't remember precise in depths bouts of thoughts I had at those times when I first arrived, I can recall fairly easily how I felt or my conceived opinions about things I saw or did which I photographed. The photos I took still ignite memories that have left their mark, so I thought I would begin my new attempt at blogging by uploading photos from the past eight and a half months and just adding any text to them that explains them I some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment